June 25, 2007

RE: F'd up World (and Satanic Surfers)

A couple other ideas that I wanted to get out there regarding my earlier post include:

1. The desire to love and be loved may be the ROMANTIC's reason to settling into a so-called life with their significant other, but a more cynical/truthful reason might be because people just want to get LAID. And the best way to do that is to have money to get stuff that will in effect make you more appealing to the other person that will help you do that. So yes maybe love, but more likely it's sex. Then greed. Then envy.

and B:

The Satanic Surfers wrote a song about judgement, growing up, and differences in ideals and here's the lyrics:

what ever
I have my opinions and try to stick to them. Call them childish if you want,but I guess the concept of that depends on who sets the norm.
And if submitting to the expectations of our surrounding means growing up, I'll try whole-heartedly to refuse.
And I hope you're wrong when you say I'm acting like a kid and one day I'll grow out of it.
There's clearly a differance on what we define as significant matters, but isn't it funny how everything that's important to me is trivial to you?
And it's hard not to notice when you express your self so explicitly with harsh words and pleasantries to ridicule me. Harsh words...You can say what ever you might have to say about me, but doesn't mean that I have got to give a shit.

2 comments: